Welcome to the ICC Persuasive AEE Working Thesis and Outline Maker
This tool should help you create a first working thesis statement for a TOEFL 3 - E101 persuasive American expository essay (AEE). To use it, you will need:
- a topic (i.e. three key words)
- a question about the topic
- a popular answer
- your favored answer
- at least one reason why other people might disagree with your answer
- some reasons why you believe your favored answer is true, correct or best
- Answer the following questions in short phrases (not full sentences).
- Do not use periods (.) at the end or capital letters at the beginning of the phrases.
- Click the "Thesis" button when you're finished.
- A window will pop open with a suggested working thesis.
- Go back and adjust your answers to smooth out the workig thesis until it makes sense and expresses your opinion clearly, completely and concisely.
- Finally, click the "Outline" button to generate a working outline you can use to organize your zero draft into a first draft of a persuasive AEE addressing your working thesis.